Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Debian

I am using Debian on my IBM 760XL laptop, the ftp install went good thanx to my good friend Charles and now I just have to learn how to use it and all of that. I am going to try and download AbiWord for it seeing as it is only a P1 133MHZ with 48MB RAM and a 2 gig hard disk. I am hoping that I will be able to do this. The reason for using Debian is that I am new to Linux and need to expand my horizons a little bit and I believe it will help me in any future jobs I may have.
Well, yesterday I got my sound working on my IBM 760 XL and it sounds good even though it does sound a little rough, the speakers are not very good. It even supports 800x600 now and I can see the full screen. Whatever the case, it is in good working order and now all I really have to do is maybe get the hard drive a little bit bigger seeing as it is only 2gigs and I am running out of space fairly quick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home