Friday, July 29, 2005

Ubuntu Rocks!

As you all know by now, I have been running Ubuntu Hoary edition for a little while now and wow do I love this. It isn't RPM based so you don't have to worry about broken dependancies and all of that. I use apt-get or synaptic paclage manager to do what I need to do and it is that easy. I have been using XCHAT since starting to use Linux and love it, Especially the #Ubuntu channel. They try to make using the terminal command as easy as possible and all of that. The best thing about Ubuntu is the ease of use for the true Linix nooby.

1 Comments:

Blogger charm said...

Actually you do have to worry about broken dependencies if you download individual .deb packages and try to install them with dpkg. Not all software will be available in the debian repository. Of course you would also have to worry about broken dependencies if you're compiling from source code.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home