Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Breezy Ubuntu

I am currently working on a How To for installing and running Breezy Ubuntu. If all goes well within the next week you will see it posted here first! Well I didn't get the install done, but I have some notes written down. I have installed several Breezy and Ubuntu Linux on several machines, and have WOW! have they made things easy! It makes it easy to put the computers at your finger tips. The easiest way to do things with this install is to put the disk in your CD ROM drive and press enter when prompted. This will do the basic install and from there, the world is at your finger tips. The programs that are offered with Ubuntu is just phenomenal! The program that I like the most is one called Blender, it is a 3D Rendering program that is complicated but enjoyable.
Another good thing to do is play with all of the programs withing the Ubuntu setting. I always go and do a sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade. this updates you system just as in Debian. I love it! There really isn't much else to say about it other than if you were going to donate to a Linux Distro....This would be the one for me.
When I do a fresh install my wife can tell what I am getting ready to do so. When I get to do so, I always get a piece of paper out and write down what the customer will needs and what the customer wants. Then sit down at the computer and look at the size of the hard drive and get the wheels churning in my head. My first question I have is always how would Breezy Ubuntu help this customer accomplish his/her goals? Then once that main question is answered I get have a whole bunch of fun! When the install is finished the first thing I do is put Clam AV on it, there is no use in making a computer for a person if you aren't going to give the person the tools to help them stay safe along with their friends. This program will help the customer stay safe by terminating the virus threats as they come in and keep their friends safe by monitoring the outgoing mail for Virus threats. There is just too many programs to choose from so I will leave this for now and come back to it later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home