Monday, December 11, 2006

Captain Kevin Strikes again

I am now working with Edgy Ubuntu. So far all has gone well with the exception that I cannot seem to get EasyUbuntu to install on it. This is what I get when I try to run it for some dumb reason.




I am now working with Edgy Ubuntu. So far all has gone well with the exception that I cannot seem to get EasyUbuntu to install on it. This is what I get when I try to run it for some dumb reason.


Traceback (most recent call last):

File "easyubuntu.in", line 81, in ?

main()

File "easyubuntu.in", line 75, in main

gtkfrontend.launcher(datadir, confdir, userPackageListPath)

File "/home/vader/easyubuntu/trunk/EasyUbuntu/gtkfrontend.py", line 196, in launcher

pkglist = minidom.parse(os.path.join(datadir,userPkg))

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/_xmlplus/dom/minidom.py", line 1915, in parse

return expatbuilder.parse(file)

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/_xmlplus/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 924, in parse

fp = open(file, 'rb')

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/vader/easyubuntu/trunk/packagelist-edgy.xml'


I finally got it working a little bit ago and all I had to do was get the nightly snapshot and run it. That fixed the above error's with ease. I have since install Red Hat 7.3 on my server so I have been concentrating a little bit more on it than on this Ubuntu system but I want to learn some o fthe older stuff until I am more comfortable with how things work within Linux. I want to lean where things are and why they are placed there so I may do a Linux from scratch just to learn what all happens and why. I do have an older pc to donate to this project so we will see what happens in the next wee or so seeing as the weather is supposed to be nice and warm which means that I won't need to go into work. Right now I am waiting for someone to restart their router so I can maybe get this document uploaded to the Internet and get some more work done. Until then, have an awesome day and remember.

Here are a few more pics of the server that I have been working with Charles on his site is as follows www.linux-games.ca


Y'all come back now ya here....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home