Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Blogging

Sorry I have been sort of lax in my blogging as of late, between the ongoing job searches and taking care of my 2 11 year old nephews, and my 11 year old son. That leaves me with maybe one hour per night for me to work on my blog. As you can tell sleep has been winning. Hopefully over the next 2 weeks things will improve just a little but as I had a pretty good interview today and my sister is off for the next 2 weeks and will be looking after them herself. This should open the door for me to install Suse 10.2 and try it with all of it's glory. We will see what happens with it all. Sorry I have been unable to keep this up to date os of late, I am still have some problems at home. I have howwever found a flaw or 2 with Dapper Drake Ubuntu. It does not seem to like any of the P2 systems I have installed it on. The first one was my dads laptop, it is a P2 366 with 256 MB RAM and it would hang during loading the hardware drivers. I would have to hard crach the system 10 or more times to get it to boot, and then put up with an extremely slow machine. I went back to Breezy Badger on this laptop, and all is well now. I also had a pretty major issue installing Dapper on my brother-inlaws p2 350 with 512 MB RAM. It too would hang during the boot at the same spot. I finally did what I did to the laptop, and it too is running smoothly.
Okay, Okay. I admit that I have been working such long hours that I don't have time to do much blogging, but I am hoping that this will all change as I am getting some shorter shifts now.
Y'all come back now ya here!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering if their was a way to get in touch with you. I also tinker with ubunt alot but, I would be willing to host you blog at dreamhost. linuxunil AT binaryasylum.com

7:42 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

yes it is possible, please email me @ kevinspcrepair@gmail.com

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home