Friday, December 30, 2005

Ubuntu on my P4 2.8 GHZ Laptop

I now have Breezy Ubuntu on my laptop, there is one very good reason for this, I do not have to fuss with the wireless and I do a lot of stuff with the woreless adapter, when then time does come and someone can show me that another distro works on this and everything likes my motherboard, then yes I will try something else. Until then, I am working with Ubuntu to make my life easier. Right now I am going to try and compile a few things to see how well it does. I just went out and bought 512 MB RAM for this laptop today, that is deffinately the reason it was so slow. I can now have more than 2 windows open, and not have this thing go slower than a P1.I think I figured out the slow problem with this thing, it would apear that when I installed apache, it did something wrong, now that I have removed apache from it, all is good once again. Maybe now I can get back the fun of having a system that runs good. A note of interest, it is just SuSe that is messing up, I have tried using suse 9.2 on here as well, and still no USB support! that is very frustrating seeing as I like SuSe a lot, but my motherboard chip set doesn't. Everything that I do on here I will post in this Blog, I do this so completely new people to Linux may be able to get something done right the first time through. If I do go way above your head, please let me know through the messages and I will correct it. For now read and enjoy. I have been runnig Ubuntu on this laptop for about a week now, and all seems to have settled down for now. I can actually concentrate on getting some of my reading done for a bit.There is only a couple of things I need to do with Ubuntu, First is I want my battery signal to work. The second is I want to learn how to make good looking web pages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home