Saturday, January 28, 2006

Just a thought or Two

I have bought this book, the first Linux book I have ever bought. So far so good, it is written by Marcel Gagne, and I must say that he makes it easy for the new user such as myself to go along and with all this book covers, it makes it an easy read especially considering that when you get the book it comes with KNOPPIX, this makes it even easier to follow. So when you do buy this book, rest assured that you and I will be on the same page so to speak. I do always use Linux now with exception to my wifes computer, she of course uses Windows and also is dual booting but to get her to boot into Linux is a total pain in the rear end. The only problem that she has with Linux is the games that just work within windows. So I am going to buy an emulator and see if I can get it to work like that. That is all for this post right now. I need to get some rest and get off to work early tomorrow. As of right now I am still having major problems getting any distrobution of Linux installed on my Compaq p1 200, I have used all of the tricks and all of that other stuff that I have found on the internet. I may just give up on it for now and concentrate on getting another version of Linux running on my laptop. I would like to use SuSe on it, but unfortunately it doesn't see my usb. That is the worst cheese off for me seeing as I use many usb devices.
I am currently downloading the newest version of Ubuntu, I know it is going to constantly break seeing as it is still in Beta. But the thought behind this is to maybe get something that works good with this laptop propperly. That is all for this post for now. Maybe tomorrow I will have some good news on the newest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home