Monday, February 06, 2006

More of my thoughts

I am now using Breezy Ubuntu on my laptop with KDE as my desktop of choice. It seems to be working well with exception to my battery status monitor that doesn't even show. This is why I went searching for other distributions of Linux but none have all of of the features that I like. It also seems the Komqeror is having some sort of resource problem. It is acting very slow and very sluggish for some dumb reason and I haven't even begun to dip in and check it out. I am at home from work today taking care of a headache and a fever for the second time in 2 weeks. If this continues, I will get fired and have to turn back to welfare. This is not acceptable for reasons I will not talk about in a blog.

I am currently working on trying to get Linux on my Dual Processor P1 200 MHZ server that was given to me from work, the problem with this idea has been that it is an older Compaq that installs it's BIOS onto one of the hard drives and the distributions that I have tried don't seem to want to detect the SCSI RAID card. I have tried putting an IDE drive in and still no go, Everything I want to try on it seems to fail with the exception of having Windows on it, and I really don't want that on there at all. So for now I have given up on my server idea until I can get my mind wrapped around what all I have to do to get it to setup and work right the first time through. Charles was talking about coming over and helping me get it working but I would rather do it myself that way when there is a problem, I can fix it myself.Ok, this is getting really bad. I quit using Breezy because I kept lagging super bad, now it is doing it again! I am going to take a look and see what I can see, if I see nothing it will be back to Hoary. I am now saying that Breezy is finally okay with my laptop. I think the Ubuntu team got together and fix whatever was causing the CPU useage problem. Right now I am trying to think what my next project will be with Ubuntu, maybe something to do with Blogging with sound or something to that effect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home