Sunday, March 19, 2006

One heck of a good day!

Working with Ubuntu build 6.0.6.

So far I like this build ok, just I wish that I could get my wireless to work. I have tried all of the wiki's and still nothing, I work on it until I get frustrated then move onto another project. Then when I feel like doing it again, I do. Now I do not know what to try next, all I have done this far has done nothing but frustrate me and my friends. I think what I will do is get the D-link working with Ndiswrapper. Maybe I will have some fun with that next. I think I have named this one wrong, I noticed earlier that it is named 6.04. I don't know why I would have done that other than maybe I saw it somewhere and it just stuck. I will leave as in saying that I am human too.
I have just purchased my own car and will now be able to go around to my customers and get out own groceries with out a taxi or even calling my dad to borrow his van. Maybe now I will be able to get a real job with real income. And now back to the real work, I have been very disappointed with all of the distributions that I have tried this far, I have not been able to get my Broadcom 4318 wireless adapter built in and none of them will use it properly. Dapper Drake Ubuntu, this distro actually detects it, but you have to do some serious amount of toying with it to get it to where it detects the network, but then I haven't been able to get on the network, most of the time it will go through the DHCP steps, then it will give me a temporary failure in name resolution error. This is very frustrating as I cannot get my D-link DWL-G650 wireless to work with it either. When I try for the D-link, the directions tell me to do a lot that I do, then still cannot get it, so I will give up for now, the reason I like Ubuntu so much is I have been using it for the past year and a half now and everything I need is built into the Repositories or very easy to build. But I am officially looking for a distro that I like and that is as easy to use as this has been.
Thanx for reading and y'all come back soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home